Stephen lives in East Hendred, where he is a parish councillor, and is a scientist at Rutherford Appleton Laboratory. He is particularly interested in transport issues, including low-cost ways of reducing road congestion and ensuring that all local people are able to travel - to work, to the doctors, to see friends - such as ‘on-demand’ bus services and upgraded cycle routes. While welcoming the jobs and affordable housing that will come with local developments in Harwell and nearby, he will work to ensure that they benefit existing local residents and protect the character of our beautiful villages and countryside.
Stephen's priorities for Harwell, Chilton, Blewbury and the Hendreds
- Encourage improved bus services
- Maintain children’s services locally
- Campaign to enhance Didcot and Wantage hospitals
- Work to ensure school places are available to those living locally
- Progress all-weather cycle routes between our villages and employment sites