Sarah retired from the Army in 2015, and lives in Shrivenham with her family. She has been an active member of the local community since moving to the area in 2012: as a leader for Shrivenham Girlguiding; and now as a Community Governor at Watchfield Primary School. She chairs the Save Swindon's Libraries campaign that has fought for, and won, the continued funding of Highworth Library. Sarah and her family love the village community and she is committed to protecting and promoting public services in the interests of all residents: those long-established and the newly arrived.
Sarah’s priorities for Shrivenham and Watchfield
- Improving road safety on the Faringdon and Highworth Roads, and Watchfield High Street
- Safeguarding access to public libraries and children's services for all residents
- Prioritising affordable housing development that respects the character and needs of our villages
- Promoting green technology initiatives to protect our economy and environment
- Supporting local businesses to thrive