Denise has lived in Didcot for 26 years. She is a food scientist at Reading University and previously worked as a teacher of science. Passionate about the environment, she is part of Sustainable Didcot and works regularly on the community allotment and shares looking after the chickens. Denise is Chair of Didcot Good Neighbour Scheme, committee member of Didcot Twinning and also helps with a local family charity. She has been a South Oxfordshire District councillor (from 2012 to 2015) serving on the planning committee. This gives her experience to get involved in well thought out sustainable growth for our area.
Denise's priorities for Didcot East and the Hagbournes
- Build more affordable and sustainable homes in the right places
- Raise standards in the private rental sector and improve provision for cyclists
- Tackle fuel poverty by maximising green energy
- Support community groups and projects, as well as the facilities that host them
- Stand up to Tory cuts to local services
On your side in Didcot East & Hagbourne