Coral Plumb lives in Sutton Courtenay, a lifelong Labour supporter and a member for several years. She contested the District Council in 2014. She is a family orientated mother and grandmother, with a degree in Social Sciences and an understanding of everyday issues affecting individuals and communities within villages. Originating from a working-class family she has a passion for equality, especially in education, working and home environments. She has worked voluntarily for many years in the domestic abuse sector. She listens to what people have to say, and will strive to make their voices heard where it matters.
Coral's priorities for Sutton Courtenay, Marcham, Drayton and Shippon
- Check proposed building plans do not damage or strain present infrastructure
- Support and encourage local community groups with new and existing projects
- Fight for an adequate support system for disabled persons, both in and outside of a work environment
- Encourage and support new and existing independent local businesses
- Provide support for all members of the community, all year round